Saturday, September 16, 2006

View From the Nest

Four stories above 50th street, I am perched precariously safe and warm and dry and cozy. It seems tenuous because my rent for the month is only partially paid and the larder is looking a tad bare. I am fortunate that I have been able to get some perspective via a volunteer experience this weekend and I am feeling it psychically and physically. I am just into day two of the event but I am awed at how it seems customized for my being. The classes I am 'producing' seem to be prescribed for me. I don't think it is selfish to think this, it is just evidence that I am supposed to be here now. I am meant to be being and doing and learning as I am presently. This simple realization is liberating as I give up the control and lean into my life as one would a ski hill on a seemingly perfect run. How fortunate I am to be alive in this world. Certainly my world is imperfect and so am I. Neither is fatally flawed though and this will provide the impetus to get my ass out of bed tomorrow before the sun rises to trek on over to ye olde Sheraton to be of service to this conference of 'rock star status' yogi teachers. Most of whom I have only seen published on my fifteen year path of standing on my head for perspective and peace and the greatest breakthough as of late: Love. The kind that is in your heart chakra. The kind that hurts in joyous confusion. Rumi love for my spirit based in the kundalinic chakras below the belt. My first teacher avoided the kundalini, may even have been afraid of it. Now I know after sitting with it in myself and others that it is not to be feared it is powerful and sacred and strong. Like me and the love I am learning about for myself and for my world and for others. We are the ones we have been waiting for in this age of Aquarius and I am the one I have been waiting for. I am Love, I am Light, I am Peace, Power, and Passion. Let the gongs ring and the chants sound and the Birds fly.

No comments: