Saturday, May 03, 2008

Dog Shit

I was flabbergasted this morning when I confronted a dog walker who did not seem to know what to do about it? It's so simple really. Clean up after your animal. Its the law. She had a small dog, she had a cute dog. She was a pretty girl. Her boyfriend was cute too. Maybe they had just dropped Ecstasy? I don't know. What I do know is that her cute little pooch, took a dump in the tree well I walk thru to unlock my bike. I was clearly working on my bike, adding a front detachable basket. I acknowledged them as they walked by, watched the dog crap and called after her, incredulous that she wasn't even making an effort to clean it up. Hey! I shouted, You gotta clean up after your dog!", "Its's the law in New York City" nothing...she kept walking as if to ignore me and the steaming brown pile of playdoh silly sand her pooch just produced. She evenhad a poop bag holder attached to her leash so I didn't get it. ttp://poopbags.com/PoopBagHolders.html I offered:"Do you need a plastic bag?" Maybe she was listening to her boyfriend or something but she was clearly not thinking about anyone but herself and ignoring me. You see, the point of taking care of an animal is just that. A lesson in unconditional love and caring for a helpless creature who needs attention food, walks and shelter and a big part of that is taking care of what comes out of the little dears. So what did I do folks? I picked up after the dog and chased her down the street with it. When I caught up to her I looked her in the eye and said: 'Seriously, throw it away!' passing it off to her. 'Thank You' she said but I wonder if she caught on in that moment of shame. I mean I have literally helped little old ladies who can't bend down to pick up their doggies doo. But that little old lady was making an effort. She had a plastic bag on her hand as she held her cane. This gal, I don't know. I really don't. Whassup with people these days?

No comments: