Saturday, January 13, 2007

Mad about Plaid


Happy Birthday Bobby Burns, Does anyone serve Haggis in my hood? Would I want any with out a half pint of scotch to wash it down? I could manage. I would manage.
Why does this nycityredbird love plaid? She loves the weave! and its symbolic depiction of her life. Threads of many colors and strengths winding in and out of her life. The thin thread of the cabby from Zimbabwe asking her pertinent questions about her life, another as her 87 year old client friend discusses fashion and art and food with attention and attitude, her date divining her life beyond what she looks like and appears to be, but what she is inherently...life is good in that and it creates a structure that leads her to her family, her dna; her Scottish, her Polish, her English, her German all bringing her strength and pride and power beyond what she could be singularly. A thread is only as strong as its weave. I weave plaid day in day out. You will rarely see me without some sort of it on my person. I love everyone that creates the plaid of my life. It makes me whole. I may be the personification of the smugly tartan tart. So be it! Bring it on and thanks for providing your own thread to the plaid of my life.

No comments: